1) Collect any items that are being repaired, or have been loaned out, and clothes sent out for cleaning.
2) Arrange for any furniture or possessions that you're not taking with you to be sold or disposed of. Ebay is great.
3) Check your garden shed, under the home and attic to sort out what you want to take with you.
4) Return anything you have borrowed – including library books and videos.
5) Pay any outstanding accounts.
6) Cancel any regular deliveries – milk, spring water, newspapers, periodicals and arrange with Australia Post to have your mail redirected.
7) Contact your insurance company to have the address on your policies changed (esp Home & Contents).
8) Organise final readings for your water, gas and electricity meters, and organise the disconnection of your phone.
9) List the everyday items which you are bound to need prior to, and during your move. Put these items aside so that they are not accidentally packed with your household goods.